Author Topic: Trip Report October 2012  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Danny316

Trip Report October 2012
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »
Hello All,

Just back from PDC after another excellent and enjoyable week.

Staying as usual in the Rocas Blancas,

Ours are pretty standard holidays, eat breakfast in the apartment, most lunches out, and every evening meal out.

We enjoy walking miles in the day, meeting up with friends we have made over the years and stopping for liquid refreshments as much as possible, have to make sure we don't dehydrate or come down with sun stroke !!

As with everytime we go, we have our favourite places to eat and drink all of which were excellent again.

Emmas Cantina

La Dolce Vita

Pinnochios

Friends

Yum Yum's

Pythons

Spenders

Blue Bells

Purple Turtle

However, this time we had a clear plan to try some places we had never been in before,

Bollywood,

Excellent quality food, however portion sizes were very small at lunch, a tapas amount of curry, it did not represent value for money to me, I would go back in the evening (Such was the quality of the food) for bigger portion size, but would not bother again at lunch.

Oriental World

Excellent, great service, fantastic quality and big portion sizes, you do not need a starter, or could easily share a main course with rice and noodles if you were having starters.

The Pool Shack,

A pool bar with the most amazing views, located at the lago verde in the old town, the welcome is warm, the cocktails strong and the beer very cold !

Denis and Michelle make you feel at home and you can happily spend a few hours there in the afternoon chatting about anything and everything !

Diamonds Cocktail bar,

Tried this as an alternative to Golden Corner, good strong cocktails and slightly cheaper that GC

Sorrento de Italia,

The only meal were were disappointed with, I ordered Rigatoni Arrabiatta and could not taste any chilli in it all, (even though it was stated in the dish) with so many good places to eat in PDC, I'd be hard pushed to justify giving them another go

Owl and Pussycat our favourite place for a quiz, Every night from 10.30

Always a good crowd and a good quiz

Also The Galleon Inn, (Newly opened one, next to Taylors Tavern and Maritoni's

Gary (Formerly from Ricks bar) does a quiz there on a Wed and a Fri, broken down into tv and music mainly, very good fun

Another new place we tried,

Pizza Napoletana

Absolutely Superb Pizza and although Pinnochios is also fantastic, I think Napoletana will be our Pizza of choice from now on

Watched the football at the Inn Place due to them being West Ham fans and it being the only bar I could find showing West Ham vs Southampton, made to feel very welcome, even though the place was packed, even do a free buffet at half time which seems to be very popular

We walked to Matagorda and back a few times in the week and also Puerto Calero, both are great walks and ideal for helping burn off some of the over indulgence !

Any questions,

Please feel free to fire away !

Happy Holidays

Danny

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Re: Trip Report October 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 14:17:53 PM »
Great review Danny - pleased you had a good time! xxxxx

Offline Bernie Bobcat

• Star Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 21:21:09 PM »
Great review Danny!  You definitely packed a lot into a week!  :o 

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 21:21:09 PM »