Author Topic: Something different in PdC  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
Something different in PdC
« on: January 14, 2013, 19:11:54 PM »
Eliro is one of my regular haunts, as well as fantastic decor and atmosphere, the service is great and the staff are friendly, a great place for food or just for a relaxing beer in the evenings.

For breakfast the Greek yoghurt is very, very nice, this comes with a sprinkling of cereal and nuts, raisins and a liberal pouring of honey; there are other options such as sandwiches and freshly baked croissants.

The afternoon / evening menu is also worth a try, the food is mostly Greek, but served in Spanish tapas style, my favourite is Tyrokafteri (not certain that the spelling is correct), this is fried onions and peppers with melted feta cheese, absolutely amazing flavours; the souvlaki is also very nice, beef and chicken fried with peppers and onions and served with tzatziki sauce and a baked potato - fantastic, the prawns are also very good and although I haven't tried it, I am told the lasagne is excellent.

There are tables outside if you fancy a bit of sunshine or in the really nicely decorated upstairs lounge.
Go out, do stuff

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Re: Something different in PdC
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 18:42:15 PM »
Thanks for the review Clanky - it's definitely on my list to visit when I next come over. I didn't see dolmades when they sent the menu over... is it something you've seen in there? As a special perhaps? xxxx

Offline John B

• Star Member
    • Lanzarote on Foot
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 21:19:53 PM »
I've had a couple of lunches there, and they were great.
My personal walking blog: Lanzarote on Foot
My personal Lanzarote history blog: The Lanzarote they left

If you want something doing well, kill Baldrick first

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 14:53:08 PM »
Thanks for the review Clanky - it's definitely on my list to visit when I next come over. I didn't see dolmades when they sent the menu over... is it something you've seen in there? As a special perhaps? xxxx

Dolmades ???
Go out, do stuff

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 19:15:57 PM »
Stuffed vine leaves, Clanky - also called dolmadakia. xx

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 13:34:17 PM »
Hi Elle, sorry for the delay in replying, been away sailoring.

Yeah, I know the word, I just wondered why you mentioned them, it looked like you thought I had, but I checked the post again and definitely didn't?

As far as I know they are not on the menu, although I hope they are soon as I love them.
Go out, do stuff

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 19:04:25 PM »
No - you hadn't mentioned them... but when I put the menu on here I saw they weren't on. Just wondered if you'd seen them on "special" at any point. Maybe when I'm next over, we can get them to do some especially for us when I do my PDC day (if you're not "working on water" at the time of course) xxxx

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 19:04:25 PM »