Author Topic: Holiday booked for September :)  (Read 1488 times)

Offline caatah

Holiday booked for September :)
« on: August 20, 2013, 13:17:26 PM »
Hi guys,

Myself and 4 friends (all around 26 yo) are heading to Peurto Del Carmen for 7 nights from the 5th of September (ONLY 16 Nights away now!!).  First time i've been to Lanzarote and cannot wait!  I've done a bit of research about the place and learned about a fair bit just through reading some of these forms but thought there'd be no harm in asking about a few things. I've heard that its nice weather in Sept, theres nice beaches, and a fairly lively nightlife... nothing like Teneriffe and Ibiza and that but thats not what we're looking for anyway.  I was wondering if anyone had any details on bicycle hires, and is there good cycle routes round the island.  The temptation is just to get a bike and explore but might be better off with a route of some sort in case we either miss something good, or get extremely lost! 

I'm also curious as to if theres any events happening near the start of September (between the 5th and 11th) markets/concerts that type of thing.

And also, if anyone fancies a cheeky pint or two with 5 friendly Scotsmen during that time i'm sure we could oblige :)   And if theres any information/experiences you think might be useful to us and like to share then feel free.. can never have too much information!

Allan

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Re: Holiday booked for September :)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 15:24:48 PM »
Have a great time Allan.

Yes, weather is great in September - it's my favourite month! Still hot, but the winds of July and August have dissipated somewhat.

Cycle lanes dotted over Puerto del Carmen (good one all the way along the main drag), and you can easily get to Arrecife along the coast - just keep the sea on your right and you can't go wrong. Stay off the big dual carriageways, but aside from that have fun! Inland is hilly, so can be hard work cycling in the heat - only you will know if you're up for that.

Not sure yet about events at that time... but there's usually something happening!

Elle x

Offline caatah

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:30:55 AM »
Thanks Ellie,

Good to hear theres cycle lanes, i love cycling but i hate doing it in busy traffic.  The hills don't bother me, climb up one steep enough and hopefully theres a few fun downhill bits :)

Allan

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:34:25 AM »
Yeah, the cycle lane runs along the front in Carmen... and is separate to the road. Watch out for pedestrians though - they tend to amble blindly across the cycle lane.  ::)

Elle xx

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:34:25 AM »