Author Topic: Diving and cycling  (Read 2192 times)

Offline rob39

Diving and cycling
« on: August 22, 2013, 16:35:08 PM »
Hi all
5 weeks and 4 days to go, thinking of looking into doing some diving. Never dived before and I'm not a great/confident swimmer. (i'm great at swimming to the bottom its the getting back that's the problem  ::) ) Would this be an hindrance to diving? if not anyone recommend a safe, well equipped well organised dive centre. Also can you cycle all the way to Arrecife along the cycle path past the airport. And is there anywhere to store bikes once your there??

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Re: Diving and cycling
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 16:25:03 PM »
Where are you staying Rob?

If in PdC... go via Safari Diving (and say hello to Wendy from me). They have a dive centre right on the beach at Playa Chica in the Old Town.

If Playa Blanca, the one at La Mulata (sorry I forget the name) gets good reviews.

If Josie spots this message, perhaps she could find out who her friend used recently? Apparently the woman had such a great time she went every day.

Yes you can get past the airport to Arrecife along the front. I don't know about bike storge though - sorry!

Elle xx

Offline s5hez

• My Little Baby !!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 18:37:11 PM »
Hi,

Check out Canary island divers website.

My son has completed PADI sport and open water courses with them, highly recommended.

Also a lot cheaper than some of the others offering the courses.

They are just off the main Avenida where Calypso Club apartments are and have a van to take you to the dives.

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 17:00:52 PM »
Hi s5hez! Good to see you xx

Offline Josie

• Star Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 22:03:49 PM »
Yes I am sure my colleague used the dive centre based at cc La Mulata.  Not sure of the name either sorry.
I love Lanzarote!

Offline s5hez

• My Little Baby !!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
Hi Elle, Hope you are well. I'm usually here, browsing in the background  ;D

Occassionally something pops up that I can comment on while reading what other people are up to and wishing i was there and not here :(

Offline Flash

• Star Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 09:14:46 AM »
Yes I am sure my colleague used the dive centre based at cc La Mulata.  Not sure of the name either sorry.

They all seem to be called Padi for some reason - never understood why diving should be a particularly Irish pastime?
Be happy, communicate happiness.

Tramp the dirt down.

Offline Bernie Bobcat

• Star Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 10:16:17 AM »

They all seem to be called Padi for some reason - never understood why diving should be a particularly Irish pastime?

"Like"!   ;D

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 15:50:58 PM »
LOL!

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 15:50:58 PM »