Author Topic: Nightlife off-peak Puerto Del Carment old town  (Read 4688 times)

Offline ky88

Nightlife off-peak Puerto Del Carment old town
« on: September 03, 2015, 12:12:53 PM »
Hey there,
Looking for some info...
Off peak - say October to April - where is open and lively in the old town?
Have always stayed in the middle of new town, and found whether February or late June, the club type bars down new town lack a bit of atmosphere. We did go up to old town but only found bars, albeit lively, but after that headed back down the strip for dancing.
We want to stay in old town next time and make the most of the restaurants and bars around there.
Is there any decent disco/club that people go to late night in old town after the bars? Or a lively late night bar that has a band late into the night? (Charlies in new town is good for this.)
PDC in general was busier in Feb than late June for some reason - but in Feb there were some places closed.
Any info would be great thanks!

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Re: Nightlife off-peak Puerto Del Carment old town
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 12:38:19 PM »
Hello ky88 and welcome to the fourm.

I'm going to move this thread to the Puerto del Carmen section - you should get a better response in there

Elle xx

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 16:07:25 PM »
Hi Ky,

The vast majority of places in PdC are open year round, unfortunately some of them open, don’t make any money and then close.

There are loads of bars around the harbour as well as The Island live music bar and a few Irish bars.

There is also loads of nightlife along the strip which is either a walk or a taxi away depending on how you feel.
Go out, do stuff

Offline Jimgallaher

• Star Member
  • SUFTUM !
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
There's always Johnny Crowley in the Bodhran on Calle Anzuelo  ::) Not my cup of tea, I suppose when the time comes that I start to wear predominantly beige clothing and white loafers it might be an option !
Klaatu barada nikto ! Misma mierda, diá differente.
You can't outrun a maniac.

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 16:52:57 PM »
In general I try to avoid Irish bars, apart from generally being as Irish as feckin’ morris dancing they usually charge twice the price of anywhere else.

Was persuaded once to try the craic n cool near the Biosfera Plaza, asked for a pint and a bottle of Corona, was asked to produce €12, told them to shove it and walked out.
Go out, do stuff

Offline Jimgallaher

• Star Member
  • SUFTUM !
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 00:25:38 AM »
In general I try to avoid Irish bars, apart from generally being as Irish as feckin’ morris dancing they usually charge twice the price of anywhere else.

Was persuaded once to try the craic n cool near the Biosfera Plaza, asked for a pint and a bottle of Corona, was asked to produce €12, told them to shove it and walked out.
I was (trying) to be facetious  ::) I too avoid Irish bars as you say they the are rarely the real McCoy, charge way too much for what is generally second rate product and service(the toilets are without exception, minging) and the whole point of travelling is to experience new cultures and meet new people. Unless, and include this as it is quite important at this present time, they are showing Ireland rugby matches. I went recently to watch Ireland v Romania in the Owl and pussycat, as it was advertised to be on, didn't happen, some stupid game with 22 dudes prancing around like prima donnas was on instead. I'm ended up in The Hawaiian bar, which I suppose is technically an Irish bar ?

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 18:01:32 PM »
Not any longer, Hawaiian is now owned by Kev who used to work there and his other half Mark.
Go out, do stuff

Offline Jimgallaher

• Star Member
  • SUFTUM !
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 00:21:50 AM »
Not any longer, Hawaiian is now owned by Kev who used to work there and his other half Mark.
So Tipperary Mick has gone ? PDC is changing all the time, it looks like the ayuntamiento has finally starting to invest a bit of money in the infrastructure, things look a lot more spruced up, especially down los pocillos end of town. Not before time IMO

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 17:32:57 PM »
So Tipperary Mick has gone ? PDC is changing all the time, it looks like the ayuntamiento has finally starting to invest a bit of money in the infrastructure, things look a lot more spruced up, especially down los pocillos end of town. Not before time IMO

The whole of Carmen has been improving steadily over the past few years and yes, definitely not before time.  To the point where I now think that it has taken over from PB as the “nicest” resort on the island, with the best shops of all three, best restaurants and bars which are open and busy after midnight, although PB and CT seem to be upping their games a little in response. 

PdC just needs to sort out the old town now and we will be laughing, I would start by pulling down the La Joya centre (Jardines del Puerto) and bulldozing the square opposite with all the English bars then slowly work upwards until they get to Plaza Biosfera.

Go out, do stuff

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 17:32:57 PM »