Author Topic: How do you get your jobs?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline McL

How do you get your jobs?
« on: November 30, 2015, 18:11:37 PM »
Hi entertainers

I want to build my own website at the moment. I thought to do it with a website builder from 1and1. To make sure I do right, I'd like to know from you: Do you have your own website to show the world who you are and to make other people notice you/ get attention from employers? Do you get work and gigs out of it?

I really want to make my life a better one and I am sure that my own website will help. I'd appreciate your experience about how to get a job as a selfmade entertainer on the isles. Thanks a lot!
McL

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Re: How do you get your jobs?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 18:38:05 PM »
I build websites for a living - so it's easy for me ;) I own and run several plus build them for other people.

But if you're just starting out - make sure you have a Facebook business page (not profile - that's for personal stuff) too.

As for getting work - you get it the same way you would anywhere else. Hit the phones, go into the businesses and make sure people are seeing your face.

You have to be proactive about it - there is higher unemployment on the islands than in the UK.

E x

Offline McL

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 17:27:21 PM »
Thanks for your advice. I am up to put on a professional facebook page, too. That's a good idea, why haven't I thought about that before?!

OMG being proactive is pretty hard. Comes along with lots of "no thank you" and "sorry maybe someday"  :-\ I try to be positive and try harder... so if you have any more advice for me - I'd love to here  :)

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 17:44:43 PM »
Don't let the refusals get you down - you simply have to keep at it I'm afraid. x

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 17:44:43 PM »