Author Topic: Consistent Excellence  (Read 4517 times)

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Consistent Excellence
« on: October 07, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
I am normally only in Puerto del Carmen during that day... and so I miss out on dining at Emma's in the evenings, as often as I would like. However, yesterday I was required to stay later and so I jumped at the chance of a good feed. I certainly wasn't disappointed.

I arrived to a very warm welcome from the lovely Mike - and I sat having a nice glass of wine at the outside table for a while. Upon looking at the menu I could see that it had changed since I was last there, so I thought I'd go for something new.

I opted for a Mexican prawn cocktail to start. Meaty prawns and sliced acovado somethered in a  very spicy chilli sauce and topped with diced onions and I think cucumber. Gorgeous!

For a main course I went for the Chili Rojo, which comes with rice, corn on the cob, homemade nachos, and refried beans. I am now asking myself why it has taken me 5 years to order this. The meat was extremely tender,. and melted in the mouth. A stunning chili - and something I shall definitely have again.

I simply could not finish all my food... but that was merely because my eyes were bigger than my belly.

Another lovely evening at Emma's Cantina. Thanks again Mike, Emma, and the staff.

It was also a real pleasure to finally meet Oz from this forum, and his lovely wife Maureen (who chuckled when I called her Mrs Oz).

Note: Emma's does not take reservations... so get there early to avoid disappointment. Every table in the place was full by 8pm last night, and it only opened at 6pm. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:24:44 PM by ✈ Elle ☀ »

Offline Josie

• Star Member
Re: Consistent Excellence
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 10:23:07 AM »
Sounds lovely Elle!
I love Lanzarote!

Offline aceplanes

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 11:49:29 AM »
One day, I shall get around to trying Emma´s. Never heard a bad word about the place....
 :)
Keith

Offline jules07

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 11:59:25 AM »
Back there in 4 weeks and cant wait to get back to Emma's

xx

Offline Bernie Bobcat

• Star Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »
Yes, we'll definitley have Emma's Cantina on our list of places to eat next time.  We'll need to sort out the directions in advance though to avoid repeating our "Wandering Jew" routines on our most recent visit!  ::)

Offline Alan

• “Nerve gas is not a toy”
  • Administrator
    • Web Design in Lanzarote
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 13:26:59 PM »

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 15:46:14 PM »
Emma's and Bodeco's have both been on my list of "must do's" for ages, will have to sort myself out.
Go out, do stuff

Offline Bernie Bobcat

• Star Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 16:06:08 PM »
Cheers for the link Alan.  That looks very enticing! 

Here's to November!   ;D

Offline Danny316

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 13:38:52 PM »
Have to agree with Elle,

Amazing place, food, drinks and welcome, are second to none !!!
I have eaten both your dishes Elle, you made a good choice

Happy Holidays
Danny

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 13:51:13 PM »
I have eaten both your dishes Elle, you made a good choice
I was determined to have something different this time. I usually have the Huevos Racheros starter (orgasmic) and then fajtas or mixed platter for a main. I thoroughly enjoyed both dishes I tried! Heading back soon... but with Alan in tow this time so I'm not sat on my own again (although Mike was very attentive as always and we had great chats!)
Elle xx

Offline Ozzie

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 18:56:45 PM »
Another visit to Lanza and as usual a must visit to Emmas. I travel 2000 miles to get the best mexican food around and am never disappointed.
Met up with the lovely Elle after all this time, so the best of both worlds - great food and great company.
Oz

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 21:02:06 PM »
Another visit to Lanza and as usual a must visit to Emmas. I travel 2000 miles to get the best mexican food around and am never disappointed.
Met up with the lovely Elle after all this time, so the best of both worlds - great food and great company.
Oz

*like*!!

Offline Judey

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 19:47:12 PM »
Its my absolute favorite place in PDC to eat - glad to hear its still going strong. I want some fajitas now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 14:40:22 PM »
I'll see you there Judey! ;D

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 14:40:22 PM »