Author Topic: Hello All..long time no speak  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Danny316

Hello All..long time no speak
« on: October 09, 2012, 10:01:28 AM »
Hello All,

Hope that you are all well folks,
It has been a busy old year for me this year, but glad to say that the wife and I will be back in PDC next week, I'll be celebrating a special birthday and  we have decided to try a few new places as well as all our favourites.
Here's a few on our list, please let me know what you think of them and if there is anywhere else you can recommend

Food
Sorrento di Italia
Oriental World
Bollywood
Pizza Napoletana

Drinks/food
The Journeyman
Roy's bar..near Keanes ??
The Pool Shack
Diamonds cocktail bar

Thanks
Danny

Offline Bob Cunningham

• Super Hero Member
Re: Hello All..long time no speak
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »
Hi Danny.
Bob Cunningham

All about me, Bob Cunningham

RIP - Tony Broome

I was Canary Nightlife's 1st person to hit 25k posts, and become a Super Hero member

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »
Hiya love - nice to see you popping in again.

I can only comment on one on your list... and that's the Pool Shack - as the owner Michelle is on my Facebook. She and her other half are great fun and you'll be well looked after... and the views from the pool bar across the sea are great!

Wherever you go, you'll have a great time... you always do!

Elle xxxxx

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 12:21:05 PM »
Bollywood is great.  Don't go expecting to get exactly the same as you do at home, but if you like curry then you should have a great time.

The only people I have ever heard moaning are the ones who only ever have chicken tikka masala at home and then complain because it's not like a proper Indian chicken tikka masala.

The only other one that I have been in recently is the Journeyman and ummm, the beer's cheap.

Went into Sorrento when it first opened and wasn't overly impressed, but it was the first few days and I have heard very good things about it since then.
Go out, do stuff

Offline Danny316

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 13:03:54 PM »
Have heard many good things about Bollywood and also Sorrento.

Will probably try each out for lunch and if they are good give them a shot in the evening

Any more guys ?

thanks
Danny

Offline Silly Gilly

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 13:31:17 PM »
I went to Bollywood last Friday - there was a party of 10 of us and we had no complaints!

It was later that evening I practically bumped into Clanky walking through the Old Town lol
It's not a rehearsal, it's the real thing, so enjoy it while you can!

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 14:30:13 PM »
If you are a fan of Italian food then Da Vinci's which is practically across the road from Bollywood is very good, they also do probably the best breakfast in town.

The Whale and Ale Sports pub in the square near to Bollywood is a great place to watch football (or most other big sports events), with loads of big screens in 4 separate parts of the bar you have more chance of seeing what you want on a busy day.
Go out, do stuff

Offline Young Mostonians

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 18:11:26 PM »
Alright Danny,

Only just read this after sending you that other message.

Oriental World was great when we went, there's always a queue but you wouldn't believe how quick they get everyone served. Lovely food and friendly staff.

The Journeyman was OK as well, I went here walking one day and it was quiet. The people that were in there are real characters though. More your Ronnie Biggs type of guys!  ;)

As Clanky says, The Whale (square near Lanz) is great. I love sitting there on a Saturday afternoon while the results come in.

Enjoy PDC mate
YM

Offline dixie d

• Star Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 14:22:14 PM »
ola danny.

yes can recommend bollywood,the only thing you mentioned lunch, there set price
lunch sorry mate you would need three to fill you,but that might be me being a
fat bugger  ;) but really tasty,oriental world really nice food and the staff are really
good.not everyones cuppa is cafe la ola thought the food was really good.

anyway have a good one and tell geordie john from dixie hope he aint put his
prices up to wongas rates  ;) might be over there the same time one year dixie.
politicians and nappies have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.)

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 14:22:14 PM »