Author Topic: Cruising  (Read 1352 times)

Offline dave

• Star Member
Cruising
« on: June 12, 2016, 17:08:40 PM »
Just returned from a six night voyage on the P&O Azura. This was our first cruise and so didn't know what to expect. This was probably the best holiday we've had in years, the food, the entertainment and the service was second to none. We made more friends in one holiday than all the others put together. Would recommend everyone try.

Offline Celtygirl

• Star Member
Re: Cruising
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 20:06:35 PM »
What about for teenage boys - much for them to do/be entertained?
C
x

Offline dave

• Star Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 21:14:52 PM »
Yes CG, various clubs for different ages. Enjoyed playing table tennis and sometimes beating the younger players ;D. Would advise looking at Bolsover Cruise Club if Interested

Offline dixie d

• Star Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 20:54:09 PM »
Hi all not been on for a good while but I'm always quizzing,got to say I have never fancied a cruise but this year with it being my 60 th birthday on the 29 th oct I'm going on a fantastic holiday,we are flying emerites to Dubai next Sunday then transfer to a flight to Singapore for two nights,we then are transferred to the cruise ship diamond princess  for 17 nights to Thailand,Vietnam,Busan korea,Nagasaki Japan,Hong Kong for 2 days dock,then Shanghai,then into Bejing,then we stop there for 3 nights visiting all the sights so for 23 nights we paid £2,200 each also a 1200 drinks package but I think we will get our money's worth hic hic.
politicians and nappies have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.)

Offline Ali

• Is thinking, good girls are make of sugar and spice and all things nice, bad girls are made of Bicardi and coke and loads of ice
  • Star Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 23:37:18 PM »
Have a fantastic time Dixie 😊

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Offline Flash

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
Bloke I worked with just back from Thailand and Vietnam Dixie - he loved it, have a great one!
Be happy, communicate happiness.

Tramp the dirt down.

Offline dave

• Star Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 18:45:27 PM »
Hope you have a great time dixie. Just back from our second cruise and are now in the process of booking our third.

Offline Jimgallaher

• Star Member
  • SUFTUM !
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 12:04:44 PM »
Hi All,
Haven't been on here in ages, I hope everyone is well ? I've often fancied a cruise but when on holiday I like to be extremely casual, my perception of cruising is dressing up for dinner, which to be honest isn't my idea of fun. Are cruises still like this ? Or are they a lot more casual nowadays ?
Klaatu barada nikto ! Misma mierda, diá differente.
You can't outrun a maniac.

Offline dave

• Star Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »
Hi Jim, We've only been with P&O who do have formal nights, usually one every three or four evenings. The men are expected to wear dinner suits and the women evening/cocktail dresses. Having said that it's not compulsory in all areas of the ship. The buffet and certain bars it's smart/casual on formal nights as it is on the rest of the ship on the other evenings. Other cruise lines, as I understand it, have a more relaxed attitude (with the exception of Cunard).
The cruisecritic forum gives a lot of helpful info.
We've certainly been bowled over by  cruise holidays and would recommend trying one Jim.

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »