Poll

Which is your favourite airline to get you to the islands?

Thomas Cook
First Choice
Excel
Thomson
British Airways
Monarch
Aer Lingus
Jet2
Other

Author Topic: Airlines?  (Read 28937 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • Canary Nightlife
Airlines?
« on: January 17, 2007, 11:18:27 AM »
We all have our preferences as to which airlines are better than others. To help people visiting this site make a choice, we'd like your opinions on which airlines get the right balance between service and price.
Administrator
canarynightlife.net

Offline CaptainJack

Re: Airlines?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 21:10:53 PM »
Has anyone noticed how Thomas Cook rip people off with the food. Don't book the food as an extra on there website because they give everyone food anyway. If people are paying for the food nobody else should get it or if they feed everyone they should tell everyone and not make you pay for something you are going to get anyway. I think its dishonest.

Offline Celtygirl

• Star Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 22:14:17 PM »
Also just noticed when checking out holiday prices (and seen posted on another forum at around the same time) that Thomas Cook have reduced their baggage allowance to 15kg - less than most of the budget airlines >:( It's not advertised, just in the small print, so people heading off for two weeks holiday could be in for a shock at the airport, 'cos II've also heard that some airlines only treat one case as one persons, so if you are, for example, a family of four, you can't have 2 x suitcases weighing 30kg each - you have to have 4 suitcases of 15kg ir you get charged extra, even though your total doesn't breach the limits >:(
C
x

Offline Allan

• Check out www.lanzarotevocalist.com for my pic
    • Big Band and Ballads Show
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 18:21:36 PM »
Hi folks,

If you are travelling from Scotland a good cheapish airline is flyglobespan its no frills but prices are not too bad.

Allan

Ange

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 15:37:41 PM »
The cheapest regardless of service level!

Offline Celtygirl

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 23:11:59 PM »
Depends where you're flying to/from IMHO Ange - if I'm on an internal flight in the UK for less than an hour, so long as it leaves and lands on time I can put up with it (so long as I know the 'rules' before I fly!!!)- but if I'm on a longish flight to the Canaries - particularly with two small children, then I do need an acceptable level of customer service and will be willing to pay for it.
C
x

Offline MnaMna

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 12:13:46 PM »
Here's another vote for the cheapest.

Do Thomas Cook really give everyone food? I unchecked the food bit (which seemed to be about ?6.50 - i could probably make sandwiched for the whole plane for that much).
But read somewhere that they seat 'non eaters' together at the back of the plane. So at least i'll have someone to swap food stuffs with.
I might even take my bright green 'The Muppets' lunchbox.  ;)

Offline CaptainJack

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 14:32:07 PM »
I?ve flown with them a few times. Never ticked the food box and always been given the meal.

Offline AlexTLF

• A little help can go a long way!!!
  • Philosophy - Whatever happens, don't panic!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 20:43:46 PM »
Hi!

Been on flights where you don't pay for a meal but still get one.

Been on flights where they sit the meal people in one half of the plane.

Been on the flights where you don't get a meal if it's not paid for.

Been on flights where the meals are still free.

Been on the flights where you pay up to ?5.00 per meal

Is this confusing? No.

If you want a meal then pay for it. If you don't want to pay for a meal then good luck if you get a freebie.

Agree with Celty Girls comment about the need to know the rules before you fly so you can pick your own standard.

I personally don't particularly like airline meals but it helps pass the time trying eat them without dropping things everywhere. Don't think I've achieved a flight where I didn't drop at least one thing so I'm going to keep trying. Makes a change from Playstation.

Offline MnaMna

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 10:48:02 AM »
I've been on short flights where you get a stale sandwich with some kind of edible plastic on it.

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 11:34:46 AM »
I always end up stuffing myself at McDonalds at the airport flying out, bringing sandwiches for us all... and then luckily ending up with a meal anyway.

I never book it because for us it's only a short flight, and we don't have to worry about kids, but have been lucky so far.

Lol Mnamna... yes I've had those dodgy sandwiches too. I think it was BA flying to Belfast... but it was a long time ago now.

Offline muppetboy

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 09:50:12 AM »
I think I'm right in saying that if a flight is over 3 hrs or it might be longer the airline has to feed you a hot meal whether you pay or not. Which would explain the Thomas Cook thing
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 12:33:07 PM by Admin »

Offline scousejohn

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 20:06:05 PM »
just a line to say going nexy sunday 22nd april for 11 nights,
been twice this year,and only get meals in the price with first choice.
every other airline has a extra charge when you book.
but i go flight only dont know about a holiday booking.

scolls

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 07:05:36 AM »
I've been on short flights where you get a stale sandwich with some kind of edible plastic on it.

Edible?  ;D

Offline Celtygirl

• Star Member
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 19:16:32 PM »
The bizarrest 'rule' was flying with Thomson a couple of years ago when the youngest (nearly 2 at the time) was classed as an infant. They would not let me order a meal for him as 'they're not classed as passengers' and not amount of persuading would convince them that he was real and has a voracious appetite. I was perfectly willing to pay, but they wouldn't take my money!!!

Guess who went hungry when we got 3 meals to share between 4 of us ::)
C
x

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 19:16:32 PM »