Author Topic: COMMENTATOR SLIPS  (Read 1071 times)

Offline RichieO

• Star Member
  • Make my day, say something funny
COMMENTATOR SLIPS
« on: July 14, 2012, 14:53:02 PM »
1. "Sure, there have been deaths in boxing, but none of them serious." (Alan Minter)

2. "And this is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!" (Pat Glenn - weightlifting commentator)

3. "Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Darryl Gibson comes inside of him." (New Zealand rugby commentator Murray Mexted)

4. "This is really a lovely horse. I once rode her mother." (Ted Walsh - horse racing commentator)

5. "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body." (Winston Bennett)

6. "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my father and mother." (Greg Norman)

7. "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again." (Terry Venables - Soccer Coach)

8. "I would not say that David Ginola is the best left winger in the Premiership, but there are none better." (Ron Atkinson - soccer coach)

9. "Ah, isn't that nice. The wife of the Cambridge president is kissing the cox of the Oxford crew." (Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977)

10. "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field" (Metro Radio)

11. "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seems to hang in the air for even longer." (David Acfield)

12. "What will you do when you leave football, Jack? Will you stay infootball?" (Stuart Hall Radio 5 live)

13. "And there goes Juantorena down the back straight, opening his legs and showing his class." (David Coleman at the Montreal Olympics)

14. "One of the reasons Arnold Palmer is playing so well is that before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them....Oh My God! What have I just said?!!!"
 (US PGA Commentator)

15. "For those of you who are watching in black and white, the blue is behind the brown." (Ted Lowe, Snooker commentator)

16. "So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?". A question asked by a female news anchor of a weatherman the day after it was supposed to have snowed.

17. "There's nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like this" Clair Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on Look North.

18. "They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts.
Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC 1's UK eclipse coverage.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:48:08 AM by RichieO »
Everything is Relative, Everyone is different...

Offline Bob Cunningham

• Super Hero Member
Re: COMMENTATOR SLIPS
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 16:01:00 PM »
Number 14 ....
Bob Cunningham

All about me, Bob Cunningham

RIP - Tony Broome

I was Canary Nightlife's 1st person to hit 25k posts, and become a Super Hero member

Offline dave

• Star Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 08:17:26 AM »
Just a few more
16. "So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?". A question asked by a female news anchor of a weatherman the day after it was supposed to have snowed.
17. "There's nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like this" Clair Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on Look North.
18. "They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts.
Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC 1's UK eclipse coverage.

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 15:17:14 PM »
These are brilliant!

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 15:17:14 PM »