Author Topic: Decorated Beach  (Read 2253 times)

Offline John B

• Star Member
    • Lanzarote on Foot
Decorated Beach
« on: March 02, 2013, 14:52:32 PM »
For those of you who follow my Lanzarote on Foot Blog, I've put a new post about the decorated beach south of Playa Quemada, which includes Paul Boden's fantastic 360 degree panorama
My personal walking blog: Lanzarote on Foot
My personal Lanzarote history blog: The Lanzarote they left

If you want something doing well, kill Baldrick first

Offline John B

• Star Member
    • Lanzarote on Foot
Re: Decorated Beach
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 16:54:23 PM »
Thanks for the blog comment, Elle.

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 18:35:52 PM »
Not a problem. I think I sent two, because I wasn't sure the first one went xxx

Offline s5hez

• My Little Baby !!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 22:31:59 PM »
Thank you John for the link to the 360.

It was great to see but i must admit i was gutted to see that the momento i placed there of my much loved dog that i lost to old age over 3 years ago is not where i set it. A lot has been moved, or taken, since my photo, why someone would do that is beyond me. ???

When i visited and placed her carefully in a frame, it struck me that the beach mean't a lot to the people who visited and left their own momento's.

It makes me sad to think she has been removed, i just have to think she was moved to a better spot but having looked at the 360 for ages I can't see her. :-[

Offline Josie

• Star Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 22:59:02 PM »
I wonder whether the couple who look after it move things about.  When you think of how many people go there now it's better known, if everything remained where it was put it would be really crowded with stuff  but it isn't.  It would be nice to know what really goes on down there.
I love Lanzarote!

Offline John B

• Star Member
    • Lanzarote on Foot
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 23:00:25 PM »
I've had a couple of unusual momentos go missing too.  What always suprises me is that people either carry items around whever they go, or visit more than once, or have been told about it, otherwise why would they leave such odd and large items.

Offline s5hez

• My Little Baby !!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 23:24:17 PM »
I think some of the items are left for a bit of fun, people hear about the beach and fancy a. Look and like to leave their own mark when they visit.

Some items though obviously represent a loved one, it does feel like a memorial garden or shrine to some extent.

The place is beautifully tended to with the plants and walls so maybe a tidy up is necessary with the trinkets every so often. One day i may re- visit, just out of curiosity, to see if my momento is tucked away somewhere.

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 23:24:17 PM »