Author Topic: Booked for New Year  (Read 4151 times)

Offline badger831

Booked for New Year
« on: May 20, 2013, 20:11:11 PM »
Normally we go to Lanzarote in the run up to Christmas but this year my wife can't get the time off. So a break from normality will see us visiting Fuerteventura over the New Year. We'll be staying in Caleta De Fuste, flying with Norwegian Air from Gatwick and we've hired a car for the week. Having never visited this area what is there to do? Are there good restaurants and how will the weather be over New Year? Also what kind of New Year Eve celebrations can we expect?

8) ;D 8)

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Re: Booked for New Year
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 22:22:10 PM »
Ooh lovely Badger Badger Badger! My first visit to the Canaries was to Fuerteventura... and oddly enough it was over a New Year.... even more oddly it was Caleta de Fuste - very German resort back then. Stunning weather aside from the last day.

Yes, there will be plenty happening. All the bars will be hosting parties. If you want to eat in a restaurant, I'd advise you to book in advance.

Elle xx

Offline badger831

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 20:16:53 PM »
I can't believe how much the holiday companies must be making...for the two of us the flights were £400 (return), the accommodation £177 (SC for week) and car hire £88 for the week. Total is £665 for the two of us. The holiday companies want more than that for one of us for the same week...! Leaves us with more to play with in the resort and assist in the local economy...

On a separate note we flew to France for a long weekend a couple of months back and are due to drive over there for a week in August and I'm astounded how expensive France is (other than Fuel - which is a little bit cheaper).

I shall be sticking to the Canaries in the future...

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »
I haven't been to France since the early 90s. Will probably go again in the next couple of years... as we drive through the bottom of it to get to Italy. Yip yay!

Offline badger831

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 14:42:15 PM »
Looking forward to Christmas and then Fuerteventura for New Year and the wifes birthday... 8)

Offline Josie

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 23:05:26 PM »
The only thing which is cheap in France is wine.....

.......and set menus at lunchtime which cannot be beaten in the world for quality and value for money!
I love Lanzarote!

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 14:53:27 PM »
Not long now Badger Badger Badger! x

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 14:53:27 PM »