Author Topic: New Indian restaurant in PDC  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Jimgallaher

• Star Member
  • SUFTUM !
New Indian restaurant in PDC
« on: July 02, 2014, 15:07:05 PM »
Was browsing Trip Advisor today and I see there's an Indian restaurant, The Everest which is rated number 2 restaurant in PDC, is this a new restaurant as I've never heard of it. I was wondering if anyone has tried it, its in CC Columbus, I'm not even sure where that is !
I'm sure Clanky will know/have tried it ! Looking forward to trying it in a couple of weeks time  ;D
Klaatu barada nikto ! Misma mierda, diá differente.
You can't outrun a maniac.

Offline kilted_jockey

• Star Member
  • [ li ]
Re: New Indian restaurant in PDC
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 21:37:53 PM »
Think "Star of India" beside Mulligans on the strip.
We’re   all   going   to   Lanza,   We're   all   going   to   Lanza….

Offline Jimgallaher

• Star Member
  • SUFTUM !
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 22:20:56 PM »
Yeah I know it, I take it it's new owners ? Have you tried it ? I was in an Indian restaurant early on this year in Edinburgh that did haggis samosas  and chocolate naan ! Very strange ;-)

Offline kilted_jockey

• Star Member
  • [ li ]
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 23:04:05 PM »
Not yet. Won't be over till September.
We’re   all   going   to   Lanza,   We're   all   going   to   Lanza….

Offline Jimgallaher

• Star Member
  • SUFTUM !
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 10:45:28 AM »
Well I got to try the Indian, Everest. It was excellent, light years above any of the other Indian restaurants in PDC in my opinion. We visited it twice during our stay. Food was fresh, tasty and as good as any good curries I've had in the uk. Highly recommended.

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 11:05:09 AM »
Have been meaning to try this for a few weeks now, hard to walk past the Zafran which is almost on our doorstep, but the menu looks fantastic.
Go out, do stuff

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 11:48:12 AM »
Went here last night - wow!

Booked a table which was probably just as well, because it was bunged.

Was slightly disappointed by the pickles which came with the popadums, but they were by no means bad.

Thee of us ordered from the Nepalese part of the menu rather than the traditional UK Indian stuff like Madras and Jalfrezi and one had a Karahi.

All of us agreed that it was the best curry we had ever had on the Island and amongst the best we had ever had anywhere.

Only down side was that the service wasn’t great, meals took a long time to come and we had to ask twice for more beer on a couple of occasions, but the quality of the food more than made up for this.  Will definitely be returning.

Price was quite reasonable too, for 4 of us with lots of beers each the total bill was €115.
Go out, do stuff

Offline Jimgallaher

• Star Member
  • SUFTUM !
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 15:32:09 PM »
Yeah I was impressed with the food but as you say service was slow, but as there was only the wife and myself on holiday this year we were happy to take our time and relax so it was fine to sit over a drink for a while. I was famished both times we went to Everest so I didn't want to risk the Nepali dishes. I've eaten Nepalese in Dublin in Monty's of Kathmandu, can't remember the names of the dishes (there had been Guinness consumed  ::)) but I do remember them being delicious, although one looked weird as I recall, quite green. Anyway I'll be back to Everest in a few. Weeks, can't wait !

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 14:04:40 PM »
Definitely worth trying the Nepalese stuff, the Everest Chilly (sic) dishes are fantastic, so many flavours managing to come through the chilli heat it’s amazing.
Go out, do stuff

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 14:04:40 PM »