Author Topic: Relocating to Lanzarote and renting advice please  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Lady GoneGone

Relocating to Lanzarote and renting advice please
« on: August 08, 2014, 21:04:37 PM »
Hi,

Me and my husband went to Lanzarote last year, fell in love with the place, and we'd really like to move over there.  With regards to living accommodation, we're hoping to rent, as a mortgage might be too tying.

What is the long term rental market like over there? And is it true there are bona fide agencies who can help with financial advice etc when relocating?   We're coming to Playa Blanca in November, so we'll be able to do some more research, and the plan is to go roughly in 3 years (depending on the housing market here).  That said, my contract at work expires November next year and it's doubtful as to whether or not it will be extended.

Thanks
Jen

Offline Flash

• Star Member
Re: Relocating to Lanzarote and renting advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »
Hi, is it a retirement move, or are you hoping to earn?

Great username btw.
Be happy, communicate happiness.

Tramp the dirt down.

Offline Jimgallaher

• Star Member
  • SUFTUM !
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 10:19:13 AM »
Hi,

Me and my husband went to Lanzarote last year, fell in love with the place, and we'd really like to move over there.  With regards to living accommodation, we're hoping to rent, as a mortgage might be too tying.

What is the long term rental market like over there? And is it true there are bona fide agencies who can help with financial advice etc when relocating?   We're coming to Playa Blanca in November, so we'll be able to do some more research, and the plan is to go roughly in 3 years (depending on the housing market here).  That said, my contract at work expires November next year and it's doubtful as to whether or not it will be extended.

Thanks
Jen
Estupendo have a comprehensive relocation document, you can request a copy by email from here http://www.grupoestupendo.com/site/go/info. We're in the process of trying to find a place there ourselves at the moment. Hope this helps, and good luck !
Klaatu barada nikto ! Misma mierda, diá differente.
You can't outrun a maniac.

Offline Lady GoneGone

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 12:45:26 PM »
Hi, and thanks both for your replies - Flash I'm glad you like the username!

My husband had to take early retirement and his income would be the equivalent of roughly 2500 euros, which would be guaranteed. From the research we've done so far we should be able to live off that alone.  I'm looking at doing the TEFL qualification before I come over, as I think I would have to do something just for sanity's sake if nothing else, and it would be an extra string to my bow so to speak.  From the house sale here, we're thinking of buying an apartment as a holiday let which would give us an extra income.  That would be a way off though, because I know there's a lot of red tape and that the authorities are clamping down on people buying anything and renting as a holiday let.

Thanks for the link Jim.  I had a very quick look at the EU website the other day and it is huuuuuuge!

Thanks again
Jen

Offline Lady GoneGone

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »

[/quote]
Estupendo have a comprehensive relocation document, you can request a copy by email from here http://www.grupoestupendo.com/site/go/info. We're in the process of trying to find a place there ourselves at the moment. Hope this helps, and good luck !
[/quote]

Jim, I've just emailed them.  This looks like a really useful document, so thanks for that, and good luck with the relocation!
Jen

Offline Clanky

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »
In terms of renting I would advise taking a 3 month let or even a one month holiday ket on somewhere when you first arrive on the Island and then either extending it or finding somewhere else when you have time to really look around.

If you want somewhere at the upper end of the market you should contact KC Properties in Puerto del Carmen, the prices are a little higher than other places, but the quality of the properties and the knowledge that you are dealing with someone honest and trustworthy make it worth the extra.

Go out, do stuff

Offline Lady GoneGone

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 12:02:07 PM »
Thanks Clanky. We would have a guaranteed income of approx €2500 per month and from whar research we've done that should be a liveable amount! We would initially want a short term let but I suppose the main hurdle for us is that we have two little dogs. That said we met an ex pat couple last year with 2 dogs and they said Lanzarote is a pretty dog friendly place.
Thanks again
Jennifer

Offline Todd

• Elite Lanzarote Villas
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 13:55:37 PM »
Hi Jen.

We look after many rental properties on the island for UK owners. If we can help with questions and queries just shout.

Welcome aboard - it's a beautiful place to live!

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 13:55:37 PM »