Author Topic: Julio Cesar Restaurant  (Read 10371 times)

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Julio Cesar Restaurant
« on: September 06, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »
Went here for lunch on Thursday, and it was lovely!

We both had Penne del Rey, which was excellent... and served with smiles! The clay oven was open plan into the restaurant, which I always like to see.

It's in Puerto del Rosario, on Virgen de la Peña, just down the hill from Supermercado Rita.

And here's some pics! Courtesy of my lunch companion, Shona.

Flooey xx

The restaurant's trespaso is up for sale too, at a really good price - so if anyone is interested... then drop me a Private Message, and I'll put you in touch with the lady that's looking after that for them.

Offline Ziggy

• Partner
Re: Julio Cesar Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 21:15:54 PM »
Hi Flooey,

For the last 11 years I have eaten in this restaurant an average of 4 times a week ! I love their pasta and I think it's the best on the island. Their pizzas are thin, which many people love. They do great meat and fish too, and mussels in marinera sauce when they can get them fresh.

Whenever I have people over on holiday they ALWAYS ask to go to "Ezio's", as we call it. ( The owner is called Ezio. ) Many a good night has been spent there !

Ezio speaks English, Spanish, Italian and German.

The prices are reasonable too  !

Ziggy

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 21:44:08 PM »
Hi Ziggy - and welcome to the forum.

Yes, really enjoyed lunch there the other day.

Ooh... am now craving mussels in marinera sauce!

Flooey xx

Offline Celtygirl

• Star Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 21:42:33 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmm........sounds ace
C
x

Offline emcgee

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 23:30:23 PM »
I LOVE this restaurant!  The best pizzas outside Italy!  Thin ones, the way they should be!  The pasta's great too and there is a real friendly 'ambience'.  Can't wait for my next visit!

Offline Josie

• Star Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 23:38:02 PM »
Sorry to be picky but:

1.  Are the pizzas cooked in a wood fired oven?

2.  Do they do Napoletana (or similar) with salted (not pickled) anchovies, capers, a few black olives and not too much cheese?

If the answer to both is yes and the pizzas are really thin I think we might be making an expedition in November - just need to work out what time we need to leave to get back for the last ferry!

BTW the other half likes sea food pizza with lots of prawns and mussels and no or minimal cheese.  Do they do that too?

J x
I love Lanzarote!

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 00:17:54 AM »
Hi emcgee - and welcome to the forum - lovely to see another new Fuerte face here!

Josie - I didn't try the pizzas. Maybe Ziggy or emcgee can help?

Last ferry back? 9pm with Fred Olsen, or 8pm with Armas. Not late enough for me personally... but it's ok if your eating is going to be done during the day, instead of the evening. I think there used to be a 10pm sailing too - but not when I last went. Maybe it's not every day?

Flooey xx

Offline Ziggy

• Partner
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 01:50:33 AM »
Hi Josie,

Yes , they are made in a wood fired oven !

I am not 100 % sure about the anchovies, but to all the rest I would say "yes".

Re the seafood pizza I wold also say " yes", as long as you tell them that's what you want.

I would go at lunch time ( Wed, Thurs, Fri or Sat ) because otherwise you might miss the ferry !

Maybe see you there ! If I hear someone ordering salty, not pickled anchovies I will know it's you.

Ziggy

Offline Josie

• Star Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 10:19:35 AM »
Thanks Flooey and Ziggy

I can see it's going to be another busy holiday!
I love Lanzarote!

Offline emcgee

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 13:09:20 PM »
Hi again!  Just wanted to say that last time I was in Julio Cesar's I was with a party of 12 and we had a BRILLIANT night.  The service and the food were brilliant and then we finished the night (after the restaurant closed!) in the Heineken Bar which is two minutes away!  A great night was had by all and we're gonna repeat it very soon!

Offline Luna

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 13:18:57 PM »
Hey!  Can't believe it!  My favourite Italian restaurant!  Spent a fortnight in Fuerteventura recently and although we were in Castillo we travelled through to Puerto Rosario nine nights out of fourteen to eat here!!  Great food, great service and some great nights out!  See you again on our next visit Ezio!

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Global Moderator
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 13:58:31 PM »
Another Fuerte fan! Great stuff!

Welcome to the forum, Luna.

Flooey xx

Offline Ziggy

• Partner
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 01:53:11 AM »
What's a girl to do ? Julio Cesar is closed till Friday 19th Sept. I'll plan a visit for the weekend. I can only go so long without their pasta !

Offline Ziggy

• Partner
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 16:43:33 PM »
A big group of us went to Julio Cesar on Saturday. As always, Ezio was very attentive . Those of us that like the thin pizzas went for that option, while the rest of us had pasta. He does some really unusual combos; pasta with strawberries and mushrooms. I know, sounds a bit strange but it's lovely !

Ziggy

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 16:43:33 PM »