Author Topic: Heading to Caletta, Fuerteventura 13 Sept 07  (Read 4975 times)

Offline irishcpl

• Passage East Waterford Ireland Aug 07
Heading to Caletta, Fuerteventura 13 Sept 07
« on: September 09, 2007, 12:47:18 PM »
We are heading to Caletta, Fuerteventura for the first time next week and would love to get any advce or tips from people who have been there especially regarding windsurfing, scuba, sailing, canoeing, snorkeling, surfing, hiking, places of interest, Baku waterpark, mountain biking, good night life and restaurants etc. Are the evenings still warm enough for shorts and t shirts? Looking forward to a good 2 weeks. 
Thanks, Irishcpl      8)    8)
Irishcpl ;)

Offline WaxBar

• Visit the website
  • Partner
    • WAX Bar Playa Blanca
Re: Heading to Caletta, Fuerteventura 13 Sept 07
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 17:04:41 PM »
Hi

I visited Caleta De Fuste a year or so ago ... only for a couple of days! I would recommend if you are looking for lots of water sports that you hire a car as there are watersports centres on the opposite coast and in the South from where you are staying! As for BAKU waterpark it depends on how much of a big kid you are ... it is a small waterpark (when compared to the big parks you find in USA or Spain) but still has a good selection of fun slides with and without inflatables ... but nothing too scary!
As we were on a bit of a chill-out time we didn't really experience much of the nightlife but did find a really nice bar with great cocktails on the top floor of the shopping centre with the cinema in it and also went and saw a good fun show at pieros (http://www.pieroscafe.com) ... which was a home from home from the WAX bar!
I'm sure others will help you out for eating out as I'm afraid to say that McD's (we don't have one in Playa Blanca) was somewhere we headed for  :o.
As for weather it is roasty-toasty here in the evenings and I really wouldn't expect that to change in the next weeks (infact last September we saw temps in the late 40s in the day!) ... check out http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/SPXX0142?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_business
Let us know some of your findings as well when you get home again!!
Have a great holiday!
Phil
Why not find out more about the WAX Bar and see our photos and videos at www.waxbars.com

Offline irishcpl

• Passage East Waterford Ireland Aug 07
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 20:47:04 PM »
Hi Phil

Thanks for all that info and the links - very useful.  We will let you know how we got on when we get back.
Cheers, Agnes & Eugene, Wexford, Ireland  8)      8)
Irishcpl ;)

Offline Alan

• “Nerve gas is not a toy”
  • Administrator
    • Alan Gandy Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 00:07:27 AM »
Can´t really comment on Corralejo - haven´t been. We live in Playa Blanca - which is worth a vist if you fancy a change of scenery and a ferry ride over the water for a day... The town, like Corralejo is very close to the port.

Offline Chrischi

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 14:31:32 PM »
Phil I can´t believe it...
You forgot the great Minigolf Curse...
But only you can remember where it was... For my part ???, I think it was somewhere on the Promenade ;), where the biggest Lampposts in the world are ;D...(You can find that out when you walk along the Promenade in Calett)a
Hope you have fun in Caletta...
C u Chrischi

Offline WaxBar

• Visit the website
  • Partner
    • WAX Bar Playa Blanca
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 22:32:16 PM »
Ahh yes the mini-golf course ... you find it off the main horseshoe beach if you walk along the promenade behind the beach it is part of one of the Barcelo hotels ... it has an easy and difficult course and is a lot of fun!!! I'll see if I can find the photos of the biggest lamp posts in the world ...
Why not find out more about the WAX Bar and see our photos and videos at www.waxbars.com

Offline WaxBar

• Visit the website
  • Partner
    • WAX Bar Playa Blanca
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 22:37:12 PM »
Here is a photo I just found ... seriously I'm not sure whether it was the sun and sangria but Caleta de Fuste has the biggest lamp posts in the world on their promenade as shown by this piccy ...  :o

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 22:37:12 PM »