Author Topic: Sunwing Fanabe Hotel  (Read 8369 times)

Offline Luke Hickton

• My Personal Blog
Sunwing Fanabe Hotel
« on: May 05, 2010, 21:03:29 PM »
As you all know I have just been for a holiday to Tenerife at the above mentioned hotel.  I thought it would be a good idea to post here as well.

The hotel is perfectly suited for couples and for families as it has a relaxing environment (baring in mind we went outside of school holidays).  Pricing for the time we went (End April - Start June) was priced nicely to say this is a 4 star accommodation.  The entertainment on the nights it was on was superb - they had different shows to suit everyones taste.  I will admit it would be nice to have entertainment on the Tuesday and Friday when it is usually closed.  The Show Bar for us was great - we made friends with the barman so made the week even better ... but no one can complain at half price drinks 8-10pm!

I can't comment heavily on the food as we ate out (can't remeber the name of the place though lol).

Service all around the hotel had no faults, the cleaners were always polite (we even gave ours a couple of days off lol), the reception staff all spoke English well and always avaliable to help.

If I've missed anything people would like to know ... I will add it :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 21:33:38 PM by Luke Hickton »
Regards
Luke Hickton
My Personal Blog - Lanzarote Relocation & Diving
Nautic Dive - Scuba Diving School based in Puerto Del Carmen

Offline Steve Cash

• Star Member
  • once a Knutjob always a Knutjob
Re: Sunwing Fanabe Hotel
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 21:13:01 PM »
is this one of the new hotels at the end of the prom in Fanabe , used to work there as they were building them
Stupid mistakes are made by others. I only make very stupid errors

2014 a new year and new start everything is gonna work out all ok for me , i can feel it

Offline Luke Hickton

• My Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 21:34:18 PM »
Added a picture ... hope it helps explain the location :)
Regards
Luke Hickton

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:43:22 AM »
Great review Luke - thanks!

Did you do any exploring? I've not been to Tenerife yet. I quite fancy Fañabe though - it looks lovely from the pics I've seen.

Elle xx

Offline Steve Cash

• Star Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 13:23:20 PM »
Elle Fanbe is really nice , and i would recommend it , also the area that is in between the back of Veronicas and Los Chritianos , nice prom to walk along nice bars /restaraunts etc and also the Puerto Santiago comlex is great , also anyone can use the pool bar that backs onto teh prom, very peaceul but seems to be the meeting place for a few unsavourable timeshare people in my time there

2014 a new year and new start everything is gonna work out all ok for me , i can feel it

Offline Luke Hickton

• My Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 13:28:52 PM »
Elle, You can move this to the Fanabe forum if you like, I didn't realise it was actually a different place to Playas de las Americas... the website qwe booked on (Direct Holidays) had it down as Playas so we thought it was that lol.

Unfortunatly due to the late nights and not getting up until around 12 each day we only walked up and down the beach ... I was quite upset to see a Subway knowing that Lanzarote doesn't have one!! lol.

Some of the hotels from outside do look astonishing, but not sure what there like on the inside lol.

Once I settle down in Lanzarote I will probably go across for a weekend or so =)
Regards
Luke Hickton

Offline Steve Cash

• Star Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 14:32:36 PM »
depending where you are relocating there are some crackoing places that are not subways , there are two in PDC one being Yum Yums and another one that is just past the American Indian above a shop , also i think Cafe Aroma in PB do subway style meals , but personally i just get spanish rolls and some ham and cheese

not sure if the pdc are still open thou

Offline Luke Hickton

• My Personal Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 15:32:28 PM »
PdC is where I will be relocating to.  If the places you mention are still open I will give them a try.  I know I will need to learn some of the local produce etc as I doubt half the brands in the UK will be avaliable ... for a suitable price! lol.  I don't fancy paying above the odds just from the brand names lol.

I lived on Subway for 3 months whilst I was working on Birmingam (Since I was claiming expenses :P).  Not healthy I know but I just love them =)
Regards
Luke Hickton

Offline Steve Cash

• Star Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 15:44:21 PM »
There is also the english tea rooms which does baguettes and a few chicken places not KFC but rotiserrie chickens at reasonable prices, i have found when over that i watch what the locals pick up and if its for example ham at half the price i give it a wirl , the bread rolls are about 19c , we didnt bother self catering this time but last time my parents were getting very good prices in sapr for meat and fish and there is also the harbour ,

i havent had a subways for years , but i must admit i do like a mcdonalds brekkie of sausage and egg mcmuffin , and i must admit on the 2 times i have ever been in mcds or Bk in PDC , i was a bit drunk in mcds case and it was nicer than the uk and very hungover in BK case and all i wanted was a HUGE pepsi

Offline Luke Hickton

• My Personal Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 15:53:03 PM »
For my personal blog (link below), I will do some reviews after a couple of visits to some of the smaller places that tourists may not think about.  I will put these reviews up for here as well.

I know at the moment that I am not much of a chef, but some places in England you can buy lunch for cheaper than buying the food and making lunch yourself, so there may be places in Lanza where I can do the same (not that im lazy at all ;)).

I went to macd's in Tenerife when I was a little drunk from the Moonlight bar ... I was horrified at the fact they didn't make Double Chesseburgers!! lol
Regards
Luke Hickton

Offline Steve Cash

• Star Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 15:58:06 PM »
best person to get advice from is Richt who eats out a lot in PDC , my personal fave is Marios in the montana Tropical Pizzas to die for and good selection of all sorts , i did a quick rundown on here sometime its in the pdc section , al thou its not to everyone taste and the do take outs

you will find uk produce a bit we are always taking stuff out for our friend in fact last time she got 2 lots of Booths bacon, a huge slab of cheddar , other bits and peices and most of our toiletries plus ones we took out for her

Offline Luke Hickton

• My Personal Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 16:04:39 PM »
Ill jump over to the PdC section when Im home and have a look through them.

When I was last out with me family - we were big fans of Lani's and all of his restaurants.  He has quite a selection in a good few places.

I did see a women on our travel out to Tenerife of one women.  Her suitcase must have been 15KG of meat and 5KG of clothes etc ... wonder who its all for! lol
Regards
Luke Hickton

Offline Steve Cash

• Star Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 16:06:06 PM »
lanis have chnaged names we found that places not on the strip were great and cheaper in fact i have never liked Lanis in the 20 yrs of going to PDC , just the prices ,

Offline Luke Hickton

• My Personal Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 16:26:06 PM »
Changed names? does that mean they have been bought out or anything?  Would make a difference to the way they are ran no doubt.

What have they become now? just so I can keep an eye on them lol.
Regards
Luke Hickton

Offline Steve Cash

• Star Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 16:34:30 PM »
the Lani's name has been taken off the signage , they still look the same , think the own past the Fariones has kept a Lani's name , not sure if he is still on the island , i personally think and i dont think i am alone there are far superior and cheaper places in PDC rather than that chain (or ex chain) 

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 16:34:30 PM »