Author Topic: Interviews About Lanzarote  (Read 15864 times)

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Interviews About Lanzarote
« on: January 10, 2011, 18:52:08 PM »
In this thread I am going to add any new interviews from our Relocation website - so that you can share people's expereinces of the Island eitehr from residents or visitors. I hope you enjoy!

Elle xx

Offline ModElle Citizen

• Thanks to those who help others by posting answers in this forum... Without you, all we'd have is questions!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • I'm not easily distracted... Oh look - a puppy!
    • Spain Buddy
Re: Interviews About Lanzarote
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 18:52:28 PM »
Most of you will know the lovely Mick who pops into this forum when he can (also known as Currylover). Anyhoo... he has kindly answered some questions about Lanzarote... and you can have a read by clicking the link below:

http://www.lanzaroterelocation.co.uk/lanzarote-holidays-mick/

Enjoy!

Offline Bob Cunningham

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 19:00:17 PM »
Most of you will know the lovely Mick who pops into this forum when he can (also known as Currylover). Anyhoo... he has kindly answered some questions about Lanzarote... and you can have a read by clicking the link below:

http://www.lanzaroterelocation.co.uk/lanzarote-holidays-mick/

Enjoy!
Nice one Mick
Bob Cunningham

All about me, Bob Cunningham

RIP - Tony Broome

I was Canary Nightlife's 1st person to hit 25k posts, and become a Super Hero member

Offline Holly

• Star Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 19:26:51 PM »
Mick that is fab! I realise I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know the answer to this question but - which complex do you stay in?
If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Offline Allan M

• Star Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 20:03:17 PM »
Enjoyed that, nice one Mick!

Offline Mick

• Star Member
  • I love Lanza
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 20:39:45 PM »
Cheers Bob, Holly & Alan...... I wanted to say a helluva lot more.....BUT...... I think Elle probably knows better than most.....what I'm like when I get my "talkin head" on !!  ;D ;)

Hiya Holly.
I know that over the years it's had a lot of "shall we say" mixed reviews. But I always stay at the Atlantis Las Lomas complex in PDC. OK, its not five star, fundamentally its cheep n cheerful. But I've always been MORE THAN looked after. The staff are great, the complex is pretty big in comparison to others; plenty of sunbathing space and pools.... I always stay in the same apt; No 274. Second storey apartment, overlooking the big main pool, to the right of reception as ya walk in.... Also the location of Atlantis is, for my money, ideal. I know it's at the top of Calle Guanapay (Cardiac hill) to the innitiated, but in all honesty, you don't have to use "the hill"....a couple of minute stroll takes you down to the beach, bars, restaurants etc on a lot less steeper gradient.....plus ya can call at the Spar for your daily beach requirements as well....which in my case is usually; a bottle of water, some fruit and MY FAVOURITE.....a packet of Hobnobs, oh,,,and a nice warm apple turnover if they've just come out of the oven !! ha ha ha.... I'm tango for biscuits and sweet stuff Holly......as well as red wine, GnT and generally, meals that are FAR TOOO big !!
I dunno why I always stay at Atlants. Obviously with the amount of times that I've been over, I could have tried a few different complexes....But....as I say, I've always been looked after, so why try to fix what isn't broken ??
I'll tell ya a little (true) story about apt 274 Holly....don't worry, it isn't a ghost story or anything...but it is weird...
Mid December 08, I arrived in PDC for my usual month...crimbo, New year etc. At the end of my 3rd week, I noticed that I had lost my gold signet ring. In all honesty I assumed that it had come off in the sea or in Ruta at some point....Gone forever..."ahh well, never mind"..thinks me
Before leaving the apartment (mid Jan 09) I did my usual; cleaned and wiped everything down, emptied the fridge etc etc etc...then I came home to the UK.... Returned to Apt 274 mid December 2009. On my arrival, I had a couple of ice packs that I wanted to put in the freezer prior to toddlin off to the Galleon for "refreshments"  ;) ??. I opened the fridge door, and heard "PINGGGG"....I looked down, and there was my gold signet ring between my feet !! I still, to this day have no idea where the ring came from ?? As I say, I'd cleaned and wiped everything down in the apartment before leaving on my previous holiday..and I know for a fact that there had been many more holidaymakers in the apartment after my departure....So why did the ring make a return ?? Weird... I'm not superstitious or anything like that Holly...but the only thought in my head, when I saw the ring was, "this is telling me something....this is where I should be...permanently". Why that ring made an appearance after 12 months is anyone's guess.... I've kept it safe ever since...because for me...it's MY KEY to Lanza !!  :o

Ohhhh dear....I've prattled on again  ::)
Ahhh never mind eh.... Maybe I shudda put that in the "Favourite Memories" section of Elle's interview eh !!  ;D
Mick
PS....Hope I haven't bored everyone silly !!  ::)

Offline smokie

• Star Member
    • Luxury Villa Rental in Playa Blanca with Stunning Views
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 20:45:12 PM »
Lovely story, Mick and the interview too.

Very weird about the ring but for some bizarre reason not altogether surprising.
Rings seem to have a habit of "doing odd things", so it's hard not to wonder at their significance.

Offline Holly

• Star Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 20:56:10 PM »
That's an amazing tale Mick - I reckon the answer is something to do with your cleaning - maybe it got lodged in some nook/cranny in or above the fridge or surrounds? Or maybe it's just one of those woo-woo happenings  :o - either way, Lanza is clearly your spiritual home ;D Thanks very much for sharing with us and for your really vivid descriptions of PDC. I decided against staying there because I understood it was noisy - and PB furthest away from flight-path etc. Was I misguided?
If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Offline Mick

• Star Member
  • I love Lanza
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 21:00:12 PM »
Just gotta nip out Holly...... I have a friend "Tracy" across the road who, unfortunately is blind....so.....I'm just goin to have a natter with T for an hour or so...

Be back shortly

Mick

Offline Mick

• Star Member
  • I love Lanza
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 23:50:40 PM »
Well....Here I am.....3 cups of tea & a packet of chocolate biscuits later !!  ;D ;D Ahhh Tracy's fine... We've had a good natter....
Holly, when you say, you decided against staying "there", did you mean Atlantis or PDC in general ?

Mick

Offline Silly Gilly

• Star Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 23:51:35 PM »
Thanks very much for sharing with us and for your really vivid descriptions of PDC. I decided against staying there because I understood it was noisy - and PB furthest away from flight-path etc. Was I misguided?

Gaia, I stay in Matagorda, which going on flight path is probaby the noisiest part of the whole island - but do you know what - I just dont notice it!  
It's not a rehearsal, it's the real thing, so enjoy it while you can!

Offline Mick

• Star Member
  • I love Lanza
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 00:02:49 AM »
D'ya know summat Gill. When I read Holly's post, I though of you straight away....Matagorda, flight path, proximity to the airport etc !!  ;D

As Gill says Holly, you can watch em fly in and out all day long, but you never hear em

Mick

Offline Silly Gilly

• Star Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 00:05:08 AM »
and I'm sure we cant BOTH be wrong  ;)

Offline Mick

• Star Member
  • I love Lanza
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 00:19:30 AM »
Well..... I never heard em after about 10 "Funny Farm" GnT's plus half a gallon of red wine !!  ;D
Ohhhh Gill, I'm just glad Rich was there to see me home that night.....  ;D ;D ;) I'd never have found mi way back to PDC...... I'd have ended up at Famara or somewhere !!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Silly Gilly

• Star Member
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 00:23:20 AM »
nah, you'd have been fine Mick  ;)  I'd have just come woke you up on the beach next morning  ;D ;D

Canary Nightlife Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 00:23:20 AM »