Lanzarote Forum > Macher and Tías Forum

Review for La Cabana in Macher

(1/5) > >>

Bernie Bobcat:
We have been meaning to try La Cabana out for a long time now, and last night we finally got there.  It did not disappoint, and in fact with my hand on my heart I can say that this was the best meal I have had yet on Lanzarote.  We tend to eat out almost all of the time we're here, so that's a fair few restaurants we've put through their pacesover the years!! 

For anyone who doesn't know Macher this is a small town (not touristy) which is a 10 minute drive from Puerto del Carmen (a 20 minute drive for us from PB).  You would not notice the restaurant as you drive along the main LZ-1 unless someone had prompted you to check it out. (For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's just set back off the main road behind the bus stop on the left as you drive North). 

First impressions were "wow, this place is quite small" and inside there was room for just 14, with room for another 6 in the outer part of the restaurant where we had passed on arrival. On the inside, there was a counter behind which the chef was preparing all the meals.  There was another gentleman behind the scenes, and I am not sure if he was involved in the cooking, but I think he was an assistant to the chef.  Deb was on the floor taking all the orders and delivering the food and wine. 

Everyone was seen to immediately upon arrival, orders were taken promptly.  Drinks and bread arrived without delay, and unbelievably food appeared so promptly, and so well presented that it was hard to believe that there was only one chef working!  AND he didn't look like he was about to expire either.  To top it all the quality and flavour of the food was amazing and I just can't understand how they do it!!

For starter I had scallops served on a small bed of celeriac mash.  It was accompanied by small crisp pieces of Parma ham and a lovely mixed salad.  Hubby had goats cheese with poached pear and walnuts served on a bed of salad with a sweet sauce that was apparently made from pureed summer fruits or something.  Both dishes were excellent.

For mains hubby had medallions of veal with a creamy mustard and tarragon sauce, served with the celeriac mash that I had had with my scallops.  I opted for the fish of the day with a lemon butter sauce which was served with a triangle of garlic gratin potatoes. Both of us marvelled at the fresh selection of perfect vegetables  served with the meal, which were cooked to perfection.  (Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green beans).  The lemon butter sauce was served separately in a small jug presumably so that it did not overpower the fish.  The fish was delicate in flavour, seasoned perfectly, and cooked just right, and the light lemon butter sauce was the perfect accompaniment.

For dessert I had sticky toffee pudding and hubby had bread and butter pudding. Both were served with homemade vanilla ice cream.  Both were as good as either of us have ever had, and to top it all the desserts were served with a complimentary Muscat wine mixed with small amounts of port and brandy. 

We skipped teas/coffees, and our bill came to just over 80 euro which we both agreed was excellent value for a three course meal of such a high standard, along with a bottle of lovely house wine and a small still water each. 

Before we left we booked again for next Tuesday which is out last night in Lanzarote for this holiday, and we also booked to take our friends along with us when we visit later in the year.

So now it's safe to shout it to the world how good La Cabana is, as we've got our spaces reserved, so go get booking!  You will certainly NOT be disappointed in this absolute gem of a restaurant.

Josie:
Fabulous review Bernie!

Bernie Bobcat:
Thanks Josie!  .......  You can tell we were impressed!   ;D ;D

Josie:
If you're on FB it's worth putting something on their page - a link to your review on here for example.

Josie:
Have you been to Sakura V yet BTW?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version